Monday, January 16, 2006

MLK Day

...well, I kept thinking it was President's Day, but what the heck do I know? I'm Canadian. Which, I think, is a valid 'excuse' given that most of my neighbours a) don't know anything about Canada and b) don't really know where Canada is. Anyway, the daycare was closed and I had a vacation day as well -- so it was one-on-one time with Maja today! We started the day off by going to the Please Touch Museum with Danielle and her daughter Hannah. Here's a photo of Danielle with Maja. After the museum, Maja and I went to Richard's work for lunch. Maja enjoyed 'walking' around the office with me and visiting everyone before settling down for some veggie burger, fruit, and pureed squash. Mmmmm. Here's a photo of Richard and Kathy (the office manager) with Maja. As if we didn't do enough already, when we got home I dragged Maja and Emerson out for a walk. Mostly because Maja needed a nap -- but Emerson could use the exercise! Did I mention that the poor pup is 5 lbs overweight?

We took a nice walk on campus in the sunshine. The wind was a bit cold, but Maja didn't notice/care as she went straight to sleep. As soon as we got onto campus, Emerson insisted on hopping up on the benches for a break. Probably because during the summer that's where Richard and I eat ice cream from the Ben & Jerry's. That dog has got some high hopes (it was 15F with the windchill -- I'm not eating ice cream) and a good memory.

--------------------------

Plant progress

here's the progress on the bulb that I was given for Christmas by Elyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home