Wednesday, June 21, 2006

stats / choose your poison / contest

Stats # of boxes packed: 9 (kitchen!) # of days to move: 1 or 2? do I count tomorrow? or just today? # of panic attacks: 1 # of crying episodes: 2 (1 for Maja that lasted all evening and 1 for me when I reached the end of my rope) ----------------- What happens to you when you're stressed? Do you turn to food? Exercise? Drink? Your patience level hits an all time low? You laugh uncontrollably? You bite your nails? Pull your hair? Stare blankly into space? Panic attacks? Sleeplessness? Upset stomach? My reactions to stress vary according to the cause. In this case, I've got: food (carbs, feed me carbs), zero patience, panic attacks, and upset stomach. Rolaids and Tums are my new best friends. Moving is stressful, but then add in a 14-month-old child whose world is turned upside down (and cries constantly as a result); 90 degree weather; a spazzed-out dog whose world is turned upside down; a husband who has a project interview for a $30 million building today (that's stress all by itself); and a generally high-strung wife... [ya'll, stop laughing. I can hear you] Well, things are TENSE at the palace. I'll give "A for effort" points to Richard for being a wonderfully patient and understanding man. Richard picked up our new microwave yesterday. Yeah! We may not have a countertop, running water, oven, cooktop, dishwasher, or sink at the new kitchen, but I WILL have a microwave and a fridge. Is that enough for a week? The countertop is being installed next Thursday; the appliances on Friday. And, well, maybe we'll just eat out or order in a lot. I've compared this past month to a slow-motion train wreck. You can see the train coming, it's not going very fast, but because of the sheer massive weight of the train and it's momentum, there's no way you can stop it from continuing on it's track. ------------ Oh, this is my 100th post! I know I owe some prizes to the two previous contests -- but work with me here. I'm busy but haven't forgotten ya'll (Kirsten & Elyn). So, FIRST PERSON TO LEAVE A COMMENT on this, my 100th post, gets a prize! ------------ weather for move day tomorrow: 92F. I am so glad I'm not moving all those boxes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo, waking up early has paid off!! And as Kat knows, this early thing is not my forte.

I hope all goes well with the move. And the unpacking. And the readjustment for the small creatures.

6/21/2006 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Wow. At least now I can send 2 prizes to one address. :)

6/21/2006 08:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katia--

considering everything that is going on, you guys are doing remarkably well. So much going on, and you are getting things done, with fewer panic attacks than I would have. :-)

Good luck tomorrow with the move! And good luck for Richard today!

6/21/2006 09:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side - you won't be moving in a snow storm!!

good luck to all the Kings and think of how great it will be to have all your things in your new home and no running back and forth!

Know you will be ok and Richard will be great at his presentation today
(of course I am prejudiced)

6/21/2006 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

You're right, Lynette, in this particular case it's harder for West Coast than East... but what about the europeans? They're just reading yesterday's post in their morning... and won't read today's until tomorrow.

Next contest will be a skills testing question, not time related.

K

6/21/2006 01:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home