Monday, July 10, 2006

chicken wire and 2x4s

We went to the Zoo in the Soo. I love my hometown, and this zoo just fits in with the quirkiness of it all. We saw coyotes, racoons, cougars, llamas, and well: lions. Yes, 2 female lions. Now, the part that made me queasy, was that the lion cage was essentially made of chicken wire and 2x4s. I'm not kidding. And even scarier, is that the lions decided that Maja might make a good lunch... because when she wandered up to the outside fence around their inside fence/enclosure they started pacing and giving her the eye. We moved on to another exhibit... Here is Maja inspecting the lions. Can you see them back there behind the weeds and chicken wire, pacing? Mmmm, lunch. And then we have this at the Bobcat cage. Is this enough warning to ward off a lawsuit? Auntie Nan and Maja seem unfazed by this all. The bathroom at the zoo. And the best part, the Petting Zoo portion. Maja made friends with a very old goat. It was a really a great morning and everyone had a lot of fun!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you meant to say "We moved quickly on to another exhibit..." (which I think is correct grammatically despite it sounding better if you say that we quickly moved on to another exhibit but now I'm rambling. What?)

7/13/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Nitpicking, more like it. :)

7/13/2006 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

and I never said quickly...

7/13/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. That was my original point which somehow cascaded into a grammer rant.

7/14/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and .... last time I went to school grammar was written with 'a' (2 'a's to be exact).

7/14/2006 05:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm suprised that you actually got a picture of her where she isn't giving you a dirty look.

7/14/2006 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

apparently this is now the space to take digs at Auntie Nan! Take it easy folks. :)

Roy, nice to see you! Come back and visit often.

Katia

7/17/2006 08:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home