Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ta-Daaaaa

Today's the day! Yip. It's auspicious, it's a RED LETTER DAY, it's amazing and awesome and it's finally here. Today at 1:30pm, dear readers, is the appointed hour when we sign the papers and hand over the keys for the palace. I zipped over there yesterday and took some clippings of my plants, I thought I'd get sentimental and say good bye to the house and cry ... but I didn't. It's not mine anymore and I'm glad to be done with the headache of it. It's as if a great weight has been lifted! ----- Oh, an update on the wet basement: tree roots in the sewer pipes. I called the Drain Clearing Dude at lunchtime, he arrived c. 5:30pm and cleared the pipes. Water now running out of house properly. Hopefully this fixes at least some of our water issues!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to post a comment, but had to deal with a customer, so if I sent half a comment, sorry!

Just wanted to say congrats to you both! I'm so pleased it's finallly done and that you are feeling good about it!!

Best of luck with the unpacking :O)

6/28/2006 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Oh, you're brave. I wouldn't have a reno done without being there... what if there are questions? problems? something doesn't fit? Contractors don't think, they just do. :)

6/28/2006 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! it seemed like a long time happening for you guys but it's finally done!!

Many years of happiness, laughter and joy in your new home.

6/28/2006 06:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home