Monday, July 17, 2006

Katia doesn't do triple digits

Hello. It's hot outside. It's 7:30am and it's hot and gross and sweaty. And the temps are supposed to go up to 100F today. All together now: YUCK. Katia doesn't do triple digits. Not weather wise; not age wise; not salary-wise (I wish). If I had enough vacation time I'd be heading back to Sault Ste. Marie! But, alas, I'm stuck here in an urban diaspora* of concrete and trash and stink... yes, nothing smells worse than a city in 100 degree weather. Weekend was good! Saturday morning was Home Depot and groceries. At Home Depot we bought the paint for Maja's room, which I wanted to finish painting this weekend because the new carpet is being installed on Tuesday! I did finish, except for the trim. Richard took a picture of me last night while I was just completing the last few panels... Now, you all know how I feel about paint. But, somehow, I didn't mind painting this room at all. Probably because I'm painting it for Miss Maja -- and because we'll all get to enjoy it. Unlike the old house, where we were painting under extreme pressure for people we didn't know, this time I'm painting under mild pressure for a little creature I love. Also, I got to pick the paint colours. :) Sunday was a morning of lounging at the pool and then a bbq in the late afternoon. Ahhh, perfect summer activities. * from dictionary.com: 3. diaspora a. A dispersion of a people from their original homeland. b. The community formed by such a people

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home