Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Maja's new room

We closed on the new house yesterday. Phew. I can't believe we are going to get off our current street and move on to a much more family-friendly block. It's almost too good to be true! Moving date is set for June 21. Well, we need to do ALOT of work. Kitchen... replace carpet... refinish floor in one room... paint... And ya'll know how much I LOVE to paint. ha ha ha ha Here are some pictures of what will eventually be Maja's room. This room is on the third floor front. It's got two big windows (as you can see), a built in shelving area, and a large closet. What I find so amazing, is that this room alone has 5 outlets. Impressive. The walls of the entire third floor of this house, unfortunately, are covered in paneling. I'm thinking that I'll use this to my advantage when painting Maja's room and do the panels in 'stripes' -- not too much contrast between the colours, but enough to make it interesting. The closet and the built-in shelf. I'm thinking of putting a cushion on the bottom ledge -- a little reading nook? Might be too small for that. I wonder, though, if I could extend that ledge out and put a cupboard underneath?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
So happy everything went through ok. Much happiness and good painting in the new house.
Maja's room looks so bright and cheerful with the large windows!
By the way, when you finish painting - come on down - we bought the first gallons of paint to start doing our house!!!

5/17/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Rich and Maja!!! The new street sounds great, I am so happy for you guys :o)

I think a reading nook is an excellent idea, if you extend the ledge and put a cupboard underneath it will be great storage space. Its a lovely spot in the room with the window right there...

5/17/2006 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

I was imagining blues or greens... I'm not much of a pink person for decorating. Another option is to do the stripes the same colour -- but different paint finishings. So, one stripe could be a matte green and the other a glossy green. It also depends on the carpet colour that we (read: Richard) choose.

Maybe a garden theme... green walls with some painted flowers growing up the walls. This may cause Richard to go into an apoplectic fit... heh

5/18/2006 08:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home