Thursday, April 06, 2006

get this monkey off my back!!!

Jeez, when one thing goes wrong... I've got a NASTY cold: fever, stuffy head, severe muscle aches (we're talking shooting pain, here, people), chills. Maybe it's a German thing, because my dad is the same way, but when I get sick like this I feel like the world is going to end, that nothing will ever be right again, and that I will never enjoy life again. For crying out loud, I just want the pain to end!!! To top it all off, Maja is sick and whiney -- and even if she is my daughter, I'm having trouble mustering up any sympathy. Yes, that's how terrible I feel. Confessions of a mother. I swear I bought the last pkg of Vick's DayQuil in all of Philly yesterday. It's their new formula with Phenylephrine as a nasal decongestant. It doesn't work. I just want straight Sudafed. 2 more hours until this stuff wears off and then I'm on to the Sudafed. I know, dad, I shouldn't take so many drugs. But, when it's a question of making it through the day in one piece or not taking drugs... well, the drugs win. Now, this is my wishlist to make me feel better: 1. get rid of one's own cold 2. help Miss Maja feel better 3. sell the bloody house 4. get rid of all the other monkey's on my back (ya'll know what you are. now, shoo) p.s. I changed my mind, I hate spring. UPDATE, 1:51 pm. I found some Pseudoephedrine in my cold fighting arsenal! wahoo!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home