Thursday, May 18, 2006

My new project

Here is my new backyard! I SWEAR it's bigger than our current yard, but Richard says that's it the same size, just a different orientation. Unfortunately, I don't think the backyard is going to be on the project list this summer. My vision ('cause ya'll, I've always got vision!) is to reorganize the yard making the one huge planting bed smaller and extending it around the west and north sides of the fence, with some additional planting containers scattered about. My impression is that this yard gets a lot of sun -- more than our current yard. So, it would be beneficial if I could take this summer to see what kind of light it gets and then decide what plants would do best! I'd love to get a small flowering tree back there... and maybe some roses?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.... at least you already have the bricks and a fence of sorts.
Don't forget to place a small sandbox (with lid to keep the area cats out). And yes, take it on slowly with planting ideas for next year and weeding for this summer, with maybe one planter with annuals for a splash of color. Then maybe, you have some help in the spring?! Mom

5/23/2006 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

are you saying, Mom, that you'll come visit next spring???

5/23/2006 08:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home