Thursday, June 01, 2006

it's an illness

I'm working on these socks. I think it's so cool that yarn which starts out looking like NOTHING turns into fun stripes with little white flecks. I like knitting socks. Especially with the new technique I'm employing from Wendy Johnson. The socks (obviously) are knit from the toe up and with a short-row heel. So, no kitchener stitch involved. AND, you won't run out of yarn for your foot -- because you do that first and then you can make the leg part as long as you like. It's brilliant. Here are the instructions for the toe, I did the Figure-Eight toe. And here are Wendy's instructions for the rest of the sock. So, I have more sock yarn sitting at home. And today I picked up another box of yarn. Here's the haul: Well, the reddish yarn isn't going to make it to socks, I have 5 skeins of that. It's going to become this. I hope. The rest will become socks. And here, Katia has fun with the digital macro function on her new camera. I took about 15 shots of the bluish yarn and couldn't get it to come out focussed. I'll blame it on the yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home