Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Long Weekend

The wake up routine, a photo essay. I don't know where Maja got the crazy curls on the back of her head. Wow. All of a sudden it's summer here. This weekend it got HOT. And Humid. ugh. I'm sooo looking forward to escaping up to see my parents in July. The weekend was good. Very good. Maja and I have a system, and if I stick to it then things go well. 8:30am, playground. Home by 9:30am; 10am snack. 10:30am out the door to go to the pool. 1 hr in the pool, then home. Lunch. 1pm: nap! This can last anywhere from 2-3hrs, usually it's on the 3hr end. I spend those 3 hrs. cleaning up from the pool (hanging bathing suits and towels etc), and tidying up the kitchen. Then, I get to sit and relax a bit (usually I knit). After the nap we sometimes head back to the playground. Dinner. Milk. Bath. Bed. Start over. The pool was a lot of fun! Maja didn't quite understand how to walk in the water on Saturday and she fell over a few times; Sunday it was better; and yesterday she was zipping around in the water like a pro. Here's a picture of Maja from yesterday evening:

1 Comments:

Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

I didn't trim her bangs, the day care did. Unauthorized (I think there's a post a few months back...)

In a deep pool I hold her. I was, however, thinking of getting her a floating ring that she can sit in, for the deep pool.

In the tot pool (which is only 1 ft. deep) she's under her own steam, but for balance purposes she has a water ring around her middle (but not a sit in style). She won't tolerate me holding her hand the whole time because I cramp her style. ha ha

I took her for swim classes during the winter, and the instructor advised us to NOT buy the bathing suits with the floating devices built in, because the child won't disassociate bathing suit with being able to float. If you put a life vest on separately, it's better.

5/30/2006 02:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home