Thursday, August 24, 2006

Maja in the red sweater


Maja in the red sweater
Originally uploaded by freeformkatia.

Sorry this picture is so blurry! I tried to take it before Maja started down the steps.

We had a terrific downpour this morning at about 5am (at which point Richard and I jumped up out of bed and raced around closing windows!) and the weather cooled right down -- enough that I had to put a sweater on Maja. Now, this little red sweater is still way too big for Maja, but I knit it when I was pregnant with her, held off until her birthday (April) to give it to her... and well, now (August!) it's still too big. sigh. It's been waiting in the wings for sometime now and I keep waiting for an excuse to have her wear it!
It's a Debbie Bliss pattern and was very easy and quick to knit.

Maja looks good in red. Like her Omi (hi mom!). Maybe she has got some Grotewold in her afterall... I keep looking for some Strieck/Grotewold resemblence in Maja but have trouble finding it ... she's all King from her button nose and dimples down to her toes. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Katia,
I do enjoy jour blog very much. Lokking for an Grotewold/Strieck resemblence in Maja - I have my problems. But don´t worry -girls change and after a while they look like their mothers and sometimes they don´t like it!
greetings from ulla

8/24/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ignore Ulla - there is nothing wrong with cute dimples and button noses - :o)

She will be a good mixture of both families...

Please give her a cuddle from Aunt Liz xoxo

8/25/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Hi Liz --

I don't think my Tante (Aunt) Ulla's comment contained any criticsm whatsoever of dimples or button noses. She just stated that she also couldn't find any Strieck/Grotewold resemblence but, given time, Maja might change (for better or worse! ha ha)

Have a great afternoon!
Katia

8/25/2006 01:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know...I was just joking around - that's why the smiley face was put in :o)

Hope you guys are doing well!

8/28/2006 09:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last thing... I hope I didn't offend your Aunt - I was only kidding around :o)

8/28/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Thanks Liz. I got over-protective -- it's the Taurus in me.

K

8/29/2006 08:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home