Thursday, August 17, 2006

trellis lace -- wip


trellis lace
Originally uploaded by freeformkatia.

During my lunch hours (except Fridays) I've been working on the trellis lace scarf from the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. This is one of the hardest projects I've done and it is, to be blunt, kicking my butt. I need ABSOLUTE solitude to concentrate -- no radio, no t.v., no child, no dog, no husband, no talking, no music... silence. One slip in concentration and I loose an hour of work. sigh.

I really can't work on it for more than 1 hour at a time. Or my brain goes numb. Well... I can do 1 repeat/hour (if I don't make an error) -- I have 10 repeats to go. So, I should be done by... the end of August?

At the beginning I thought this was the most beautiful scarf. Then, about 1/3 of the way through I began to hate it. I was ready to give it away because to keep it would be too painful. Now, at repeat 15 of 25 (that's 60%!) I'm beginning to like it again. And, I can actually envision wearing it... we'll see how I feel by the end. I may change my mind again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home