Friday, September 01, 2006

trellis lace

trellis lace, originally uploaded by freeformkatia.

I cast off. woo-hoo. Does the photo say it all? I'm waiting for [the remains of Hurricane] Ernesto. It's blustery outside... rain is on the horizon. Lots of it. The scarf is grey; the light is grey; my cubicle walls are grey. The umbrella peeks onto the scene. This weekend I will block out the scarf. I am hoping it will be beautiful. I am hoping I will like it. --- This evening, after the rains have arrived, Richard and Maja will pick me up from work and we will head to Home De[s]pot to purchase a "Floor sucker" sump pump. Why is this exciting?? All I really feel like doing is crawling into bed with a book and a cuppa. Perhaps dozing the afternoon away. I know *someone* is doing that today... but then, she's busy housing a baby (hi Tricia!). I envy that on all fronts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Blocking is when you get the item soaking wet and stretch it into shape and use pins to keep it there. When it's fully dry (this scarf took 24hrs) you unpin it and it retains that shape. Hopefully.

Sump pump: sucks up water and spits it out elsewhere (outside of the house, hopefully), with the help of a garden hose.

9/06/2006 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home