Tuesday, January 31, 2006

i'm a kate spade woman

Tuesday is trash day. So, I put out the trash. But here's the full picture that's in my head: (relatively) young, (mostly) hip, urban mom in her white fluff lined Banana Republic coat, Ecco shoes, Ann Taylor slacks, black leather gloves, carrying her swanky Kate Spade purse ... hauling a big garbage pail of trash out to the curb. I wonder if that's what the designer envisioned? That's surely not what the ad campaign was about, though! Then, Richard started quoting the Jean Nate after bath commercial jingle: "Let Jean Nate's after bath splash take charge of your life!" or the Enjoli perfume commercial: "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan. And never let you forget you're a man. Because I'm a woman, Enjoli." So, Kate Spade, here's the new commercial: "I thrive in the urban jungle. I can walk my cute terrier and take my babe for a stroll in her Peg Perego stroller. I haul the trash to the curb on my way to work. And, I look hip and urban while I carry my Kate Spade purse. Strong and not afraid of hard labour. The new Kate Spade woman. " Everything about the above screams metro chic. But, I never think of myself as being in that category. Truth is, the BR coat is 3 seasons old and desperately needs to go the cleaner; the Ann Taylor slacks are courderoys from AT Loft; the black leather gloves are showing wear; the dog looks scruffy b/c he needs a haircut; the babe in the PP stroller is sick with a fever; and the Kate Spade bag... well, that's still hip and swank! Thanks for the Christmas present Richard! It ups my chic-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home