Wednesday, March 15, 2006

update on paint

We finished the bathroom last night! Woohoo. And I finished 99% of the hallway. Richard made me stop at midnight and he's agreed to finish the spindles tonight. The third floor painting is all done and most of the boxes are in our nicely organized basement. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! So, the remainder of the week will be spent tidying and cleaning in preparation for Sunday's open house. I can't wait until this is all over. ---------------- And, in response to Mrs. H's comments on the Feb. 27 entry regarding the English grammer of Prof. Elyn (ahem, her daughter) and yours truely, here is a primer on it's/its. Clear as mud? It's unrelated to her comment, but is the biggest grammatical issue I have. Please note, that Mrs. H is an English teacher! She only taught me English for a short time during high school, so she is not primarily responsible for my poor grammer. Her daughter, however, is another story. heh. But, I love you all. ---------------- p.s. Beware the Ides of March.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More on the its issue - I can't resist. Most people don't have trouble leaving the apostrophe off his, hers, mine, ours, yours, etc. "Its" belongs in the same possessive category.
The confusion arises because of the homophone, "it's" meaning, of course, "it is".
So, there you have it. By the way, "grammar" is "ar"; am I starting to get on your nerves?
I really am aware, blogs and emails don't live by the "natural" rules of spelling.
Yours, Mrs. H

3/23/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

uh-huh. Elyn warned me...

yeah, my mom pointed out my grammar spelling error, too. Just trying to keep everyone on their toes!

3/24/2006 08:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home