Wednesday, October 04, 2006

damn paparazzi


damn paparazzi, originally uploaded by freeformkatia.

Maja here:
You know, it's been a long day, so just get that camera out of my face. I've been up since 5:45am and spent a busy day at school with a ton of noisy kids. Then I had a diaper explosion -- the indignity of that! At least this time round mom didn't have to wash all the pillow cases from the daycare room as a result of that. I'm not looking my best right now -- hence the dark glasses. And to top it all off, I got yoghurt on my new dress! Mom wasn't too impressed.
But speaking of my dress, Isn't it cute?? My Omi made it for me. What a special Omi!
--------
Katia here:
what what what. sigh. Grandma Jane and Grandpa Tom arrive tomorrow for a long weekend visit! Maja can almost say "Hi Grandma".
I wish I had more knitting time! I have only 1 lunchtime a week where I can knit (Fridays). Phlox Socks the second is coming along slowly. What makes it more stressful is that I have about 5 projects waiting in the wings...
The weather yesterday and today has me contemplating quitting my job and finding employment which would allow me to sit on a park bench or at a sidewalk cafe AT MY LEISURE drinking coffee and knitting. Obviously I've done something wrong with my life to be a slave to my desk 35 hrs. a week. I resent it -- and that's a tough thing to carry around all day. It's exhausting.

Tonight I will FINALLY make lasagna. I've only been trying for a week -- first we were away, then I found we didn't have enough ricotta, last night by the time the ricotta arrived it was too late... but tonight I will succeed. yeah!

And, to top it all off, EVERYONE (7 women I know so far) except me is pregnant. Well, everyone except Trish who just had her baby last week. Yo, people, send pregnancy vibes my way!
[this is part of my living out loud campaign]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great shot of the miss in pink. I am also excited because the blog entry is at the top of the page again (in my Explorer view) There is probably some way I could have adjusted my view earlier but that's a bit beyond me. Much like a lecture I gave a week ago where I showed a fullscreen quicktime video and then in front of 100 people, couldn't close it and get back to my powerpoint presentation. For 5 min. Which feels like 5 hours in a big lecture hall.

10/04/2006 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

re the view: I have no idea why it was doing that and I have no idea why it's fixed. It was a blogger issue, not yours and it only happens with IE... so, start using Firefox! ha ha

10/04/2006 09:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elyn...my "view" was the same..very strange. Katia-I can't believe how big she's getting. She's so cute. Are you trying for another? I'm getting that vibe. Lasagna is on my list too but still not made.

10/05/2006 03:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right then. I think I'm going to have to start boycotting your blog if you continue to refer to your 35 hour work weeks as "stressful". I think I reached 35 hours on Wednesday. I wish I had your kind of stress. And what's "too late" to make lasagna? I started my roast duck at 8:30 pm the other night and still managed to complete it before bedtime! Tee hee. :) Mind loss.

10/05/2006 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home