Friday, April 14, 2006

sniffle and snort

Now I think I have a sinus infection. I'm sooo stuffed up and my ears are plugged and my head hurts... Katia not happy. But, I have other things to think about!!!! Miss Maja's 1st bday family party is tomorrow. Who hasn't baked a cake yet? Who hasn't wrapped any presents yet? Who hasn't even thought of what she's going to feed the family yet? Oi vey. It's going to be a loooong evening tonight. At least I don't have to clean the house. heh. I simply can't believe my munchkin will be 1 year old on Sunday. She's just changed so much, it's amazing. I wonder what humans would be like if we continued on the same learning trajectory throughout our lives that we've established in our first year. She went from a helpless 7lb infant to a 20lb (give or take) walking, talking, and thinking toddler. Her vocabulary is pretty good right now. She says the following: hi hi dad dad dad dad dad mama thank you dolly jo-jo hi lady doggie emerson uh-oh! [when she falls or something goes wrong] The daycare teachers also report that she knows everyone's name (kids and teachers) in her room, and if she doesn't know your name she'll just say "hi lady". Don't know where she learned that. Maja has gotten her 'graduation' letter and is moving up to the toddler room over the next 2 weeks. So, I ask: what happened to my baby? Can I have a do-over of the last 12 months? I won't change much, just slow it down a little so I can enjoy it more leisurely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home