Friday, July 28, 2006

misc.

Friday. It's 26C at 8am. The humidity is at 80%. The forecast for the next 10 days does not show any relief in sight... infact, it's just supposed to get worse. Yet, I continue to knit socks. :) 1. I finished the first of the dancing socks the other day. Yesterday I started the 2nd sock. 2. I got new Ray Ban sunglasses. Prescription with polarized lenses. I'm so cool. 3. We had unexpected refugee houseguests last night. K & J's sanitary line sprung a leak -- conveniently a few days after they put their house on the market! -- and they had no running water. They spent the night with us. Our first house guests in the new house! 4. My prize for staying sane through this week's madness is a skein of Fleece Artist Merino in Glacier. I've decided to just do 1 order a month instead of 1 a week, this will save $$ on shipping. I'm so practical. sigh. 5. I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening when T & D come over for dinner! Yipeee!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live vicariously through you. You keep me entertained. I've never known anyone so excited about wool. Me...if the kids pick up their stuff - I'm excited.

Don't forget we'll take socks too. And what is a dancing sock?

7/28/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

Dancing socks... to go dancing in! Actually, it's the name that yarn company gave that yarn.

7/28/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I have three guesses as to what I will be getting for Christmas?
B.t.w., I would LOVE some of these socks!

7/28/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

I think socks are definitely going to be under the tree, mom. Shhhh, don't ruin the surprise.

7/28/2006 02:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the Calgary tree!!

7/28/2006 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

hoooleeee. that's a lot of feet. 2 under the SSM tree; 1 under the Toronto tree; 5 under the Calgary tree; 3 under the Philly tree -- anyone else got a tree? speak now, or go barefoot.

7/28/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home