Tuesday, August 01, 2006

40xx Pine

I'm not going to complain about the forecasted 110F temps for today. ----------- I love my walk to work at the Ivory Tower. Mostly because of the amazing houses that I see on my way, like this one which was once part of the Hamilton Family estate. I love to imagine what life was like when these houses were first built, how the neighbourhood functioned, what the people were like. I envy them, I think, because they must have had a much calmer life! No running around trying to get 1 zillion things done -- a taxing day might have involved telling the cook to make a cold soup for lunch and then taking a leisurely stroll in the garden or sitting on the porch with a cooling beverage. I think I would have done well in the mid-19th century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home