Monday, August 07, 2006

living room


house Aug 6
Originally uploaded by freeformkatia.

Weekend... Saturday Maja and I went to the pool while Richard ran errands -- dog to the groomer; groceries; bank; recycling.

Sunday we all went to Ikea! We used up our store credit and got a toy chest for the 1st floor (beside the lamp), black leather cushions for the Poang chairs, 2 bases for some cabinets that Richard has had since his bachelor days, the missing cupboard doors for my desk... and a few other odds and ends. While Miss Maja napped, Richard and I assembled the haul.

So, a quiet weekend.

The house is almost ready. Just a few more boxes need to be unpacked. It was really helpful to put all the books into the library room -- we spent most of Saturday afternoon doing that. We still have some empty shelves ... but then, I think there are still some boxes of books hiding in our closet. I'll dig them out this evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katia / Crazy For Trying said...

I hear ya! When we moved into this house, the kitchen had: no running water, no countertop, no dishwasher, no cooktop, no oven. All I had was a fridge and a microwave. :) What's the e.d.c. (estimated date of completion) for the kitchen?

8/07/2006 01:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home